A hands-on day of practical techniques led by four members of the outstanding team of carpenters and joiners from Carpenter, Oak & Woodland.Peter Burman, University of York
RIBA’s Stirling Prize celebrates the building which has made the greatest contribution to the evolution of architecture over the past year. The RIBA Stirling Prize is the world’s most prestigious architecture prize.
- Accordia, Cambridgeshire
The RIBA Awards highlight buildings which set the standard for good architecture. The awards are presented annually. The Royal Institute of British Architects champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and membership.
- Cranham Lodge, Gloucestershire
- Stowe Visitor Centre, Buckinghamshire
- Bedales School, Hampshire
- Solar Canopy, Earth Centre, Doncaster
- Stirling Castle, Argyll
Daily Telegraph Homebuilding Awards
Running for over twenty years, Daily Telegraph Homebuilding Awards is Britain’s leading homebuilding awards scheme – highlighting some of the best projects from people with the ambition to create their dream home.
- Cranham Lodge (Best Timber Frame, Best Eco-House, Readers’ Choice)
The Wood Awards is the UK’s premier award scheme, with over 40 years of supporting excellence in architecture in the world’s only naturally sustainable material. The aim of the Wood Awards is to recognise, encourage and promote outstanding design, craftsmanship and installation using wood in projects throughout the UK.
- Stowe Visitor Centre (commercial and public access)
- Chiddingstone Castle (best use of British timber)
- Charlton Court Barn (conservation)
- Dolbelydr (conservation)
- Solar Canopy, Earth Centre Doncaster(structural)
- Sutton Hoo (public access)
- The David Douglas Pavilion (public access)
- Windsor Castle (conservation)
- Maggie’s Centre, Inverness
The Civic Trust Awards scheme recognises the very best in architecture, design, planning, landscape and public art. Awards are given to projects that demonstrate high quality architecture or design, have demonstrated sustainability, are accessible to all users and have made a positive cultural, social or economic contribution to the local community.
- Bursledon Windmill
- Commandery, Ansty
- Whitchurch Silk Mill
Carpenter Oak & Woodland has also been recognised for its work, receiving several other specialist awards.
- Association for the Protection of Rural Scotland Special Award (for the most creative, native and innovative building)
- Country Landowners’ Association award scheme The Timber Research and Development Association’s award for structural carpentry
- Timber Framers’ Guild of North America
- Worshipful Company of Carpenters Special Award (in recognition of the outstanding achievement in the restoration, recreation, new design and quality of craftsmanship at Windsor Castle)